Inserting image problem RRS feed

• Question

• A problem with inserting the images in the forum, I know the limit of inserting image per post is two, when you insert two images and delete one of them, it will not allow you to insert another image.

The limit count needs to be checked.

Faraz
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Faraz,

Thanks for the details.

>>>> the problem is when we enter two images and delete one of them to be replaced by another it will not allow you to enter another image

This is a known issue and would be fixed in the next release.

But I am wondering, how you can enter many images with out editing, as it should show the error message as:

Anyway, we will look into this issue.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:18 AM

All replies

•  

The Hamster Dance

Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:46 PM
  • This is what i get on uploading third image

Faraz
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:05 PM
  •  

Oh, ok.  I apologize.  You're right.  Two's the limit.

I hadn't tried the new button yet.  Those images in my earlier post were from offsite.

However, if you check the source of this post, you'll see I was able to trick it to take all 4 avatars.  Five images, counting the one below.  But it's not practical, what I did.  So I guess two's the limit.  That's all there is to that.  I wonder what the deal is with that.  Is there a FAQ on this somewhere?

Thanks for making me look.  Cool.

@Brent Serbus, aka The Rabbit Man.

When I uploaded two images back-to-back without inserting the first one, it crashed Vista+IE8 on two separate computers.  Reproducible.

PS.  This horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the Vista+IE8 screen, please, it's got to go.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:07 AM
  • May be the Insert Image function is still under construction, I was able to upload three images by putting some text between them, see in this thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/efdc017f-cda9-44c2-9977-3263313723be

May be the insert image counts the size of images entered.

Faraz
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:41 AM
  • We'll take a look at this, realize a post can link in as many images as need, but we try to limit the ux to two per post. Did you insert these images using the dialog or did you hack at the html?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:35 AM
    Answerer
  • I used the insert\edit image button on the tool box.

Faraz
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:38 AM
  • Hi Faraz,

I can repro the issue by submitting a post with 2 images and again edit the post and insert another 2 images (overall we can post only 4 images with this approach). Or you can insert more images at the first time itself with out posting?

Thanks,

Arun

Forums Program Manager
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:02 AM
  • I can repro the issue by submitting a post with 2 images and again edit the post and insert another 2 images (overall we can post only 4 images with this approach). Or you can insert more images at the first time itself with out posting?

I have included a link i which i entered 3 image without editing, the problem is when we enter two images and delete one of them to be replaced by another it will not allow you to enter another image, else every thing is fine.

Faraz
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:12 AM
  • Hi Faraz,

Thanks for the details.

>>>> the problem is when we enter two images and delete one of them to be replaced by another it will not allow you to enter another image

This is a known issue and would be fixed in the next release.

But I am wondering, how you can enter many images with out editing, as it should show the error message as:

Anyway, we will look into this issue.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:18 AM
  • you have the link as proof, may be there are more bugs in this procedure.
    Faraz
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:19 AM