none
Application for Word API

Question

• I am performing some data mining process on Windows HPC cluster on word documents,

Here I schedule job on Windows HPC job scheduler, and deploy my application  to every node and then trying to execute. 

But while execution over cluster I am not able to get the document open in any of the cluster node where the task has been assigned.  I do have make sure that Microsoft Office API for .NET is available on every node.

Further I have checked target application is working normally on every node if manually executed on either or node. 

Expected execution (opening of word document) is not happened only while I am scheduling the task via Windows HPC Job scheduler over the cluster.

Kindly provide me relevant counter measure, or correct me any thing I am missing.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Where did you document located? Do the job's runas user account have access to that location? What error did you get when running?

Qiufang Shi

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:53 PM
  • It is located in C:\Apps folder and yes job's runas is "administrator" and yes it has access to that location as well,

Issue is there is no error (exception bounce) :(  and  hence it become difficult for me to trace. As I said if I execute application on individual node it is executed properly.

Monday, January 29, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

If you have deployed your application as well as your documents to all compute nodes under "c:\apps", you could try test as below, and they should have the same result:

1. Log on a COmpute node with administrator, start a command window, run "c:\apps\myapp.exe c:\apps\mydoc.doc"

2. Submit a job, with administrator's credential, select that node for requested node, resource requirement is 1-1 node, and add a task:

- Task work dir "c:\apps"

- Task Commandline "C:\apps\myapp.exe c:\apps\mydoc.doc"

And if it works as expected, you can check the difference of your job. 

Qiufang Shi

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:43 AM
  • No as you brief

I have tried but it is not working properly while I submit for single node with resource requirement 1-1 node. but yes it I execute as stand alone program it works.

I face issue  like

Office App = new App()  ; --- Up to this also get executed.

objDoc  =   App.Open(-----,---,.. );   -----Face problem only in this line which neither give error nor generate exception

---------------This line executed a continue up to end.

Friday, February 2, 2018 11:08 AM
  • Thus I would recommend you to submit job with HPC_ATTATCHTOSESSION, HPC_ATTATCHTOCONSOLE. Your application may only work in active session.

Please refer to this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg247477%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 

with this configuration, your application will be started in an interactive session just as you start it from your log on session

Qiufang Shi

Monday, February 5, 2018 3:19 AM
  • Yes Thanks For giving me clue/Direction. Now I do face the issue   "HPC_CREATECONSOLE" not working

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc30adb3-f751-4a5f-a4f0-f4d5e9f10d7d/hpccreateconsole-not-working?forum=windowshpcsched&prof=required

Looking at above discussion I did not get proper answer    My Test bed is like this   Windows HPC 2008 R2 (Head Node) ,  Windows server 2008 R2  :Computer Node,

Windows 7x64 : Workstation Node.

If I select only single node Windows HPC 2008 R2 then it works properly , but if I involve all three node then it want work with remaining node(Other than Head Node).

To enable HPC_CREATECONSOLE I have followed method you suggested in lat reply  (05 Feb 2018 completely) .

VDeveloper

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:31 AM
  • Could you tell me what work what not work? To my understanding:

If you submit a job with HPC_CREATECONSOLE=1, with a single HCP Pack 2008 R2 node, it worked for your application now. 

Then what don't work? what is the error when it is not working?

Qiufang Shi

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:37 AM
  • This product is complete guaranteed product and it also gives you 100% money back guarantee Pharmascience health gainer a weight gainer makes this far easier. If you consider the fact that there are weight gainers available that pack in over a thousand calories per shake .

. <a href="http://www.ipharmascience.com/"> “Weight  Gainer”</a>

• Edited by rbinarock Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:38 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:35 AM
  • On Head node when I submit with HPC_CREATECONSOLE=1 it is working but when I execute with other nodes, then in this case for nodes other than Head Node  it is giving error regarding not able to create Console , or showing Console is already logged in with current user.

One more thing I need is after submitting job with scheduler I like to have actual JobID.  But when I user

job =  Scheduler.CreateJob();

Then job.Id  it shows "-1"  where as actual JobID deffer in job management console of Windows HPC Cluster.  I tried  but not found adequate info for the same.

VDeveloper

Monday, February 12, 2018 8:51 AM