Help with network RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed onecare on my lap top and my desk top.  I followed it's instructions to establish encryption for the wireless network I've had for some time.  It required that I hook one computer (I used my desk top) to the router via an ethernet connection to establish the encryption.  Then I transferred the information to the lap top via a thumb drive.  The laptop connection works fine, but I can't get on the internet on my desk top wirelessly anymore.  I can access the internet if I connect to the router with an ethernet cable.  Unfortunately, I really need to use the desk top with a wireless connection because my wireless router and cable modem are in another room and it's really not good to have wires strung from room to room.

What can I do to get my desk top back on the internet wirelessly?  Right now it looks like it receives a signal from the wireless router, but it can't connect.  I've restarted the modem and router several times, I've restarted my computer, I've tried to use the infomration on the thumb drive as I did on the lap top, I've reloaded OneCare and still no luck!

Help!!!
    Monday, March 16, 2009 1:35 AM

Answers