none
MCTS 70-536 Training Kit Second Edition Cd vs first edition Cd RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am planning to start reading the second edition of self paced microsoft book for the exam 70-536. Unfortunately I do not have the CD that comes with it. I might be able to get the first edition CD from my friend but would like to know if there is any difference between both. 

I understand that to practise with the second edition book, I might need access to sample projects that come with the CD.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Thursday, August 19, 2010 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

normaly all book vendors (that I know of) offers the content of the CD as free download. So if you are misising the CD and you just want to get the examples and such stuff, you should always check the available downloads.

So you can check the MSPress Website on how to get support and you will get directed to oreily webpage. Serach the book there and heya: You got the content of the cd.

In your case, you will find the description of the book at:
    http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780735626195/

And a click on "examples" (left side under picture of book) you will find the CD Content (Seems to be complete - even the example practise test is available if I saw it correctly!). Of course: The content of the book in PDF format is not available for download :)

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by disuk Monday, August 23, 2010 2:49 PM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:22 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

I'd go for the simple solution. Compare the practicefiles from the book with the samples on the cd. My guess would be that the exercises are indentical. There might be one or two chapters that differ from the first edition but basically you are good to go. Exercises are created during the preparation of the exam. Afterwards there won't be many changes to the exercises. Additional info can be easily rewritten but creating additional exercises takes up to much time.

Maurice

Friday, August 20, 2010 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

normaly all book vendors (that I know of) offers the content of the CD as free download. So if you are misising the CD and you just want to get the examples and such stuff, you should always check the available downloads.

So you can check the MSPress Website on how to get support and you will get directed to oreily webpage. Serach the book there and heya: You got the content of the cd.

In your case, you will find the description of the book at:
    http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780735626195/

And a click on "examples" (left side under picture of book) you will find the CD Content (Seems to be complete - even the example practise test is available if I saw it correctly!). Of course: The content of the book in PDF format is not available for download :)

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by disuk Monday, August 23, 2010 2:49 PM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Konrad. I was able to get the CD. 

Very helpful!

Monday, August 23, 2010 2:49 PM