Sync Framework WinRT Root Element is Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I have used the instructions here to develop a windows 8.1 phone application that syncs data back to an SQL server database.   When trying to sync the phone creates the SQLite database structure just fine, but then throws a 'Root Element is Missing' error when trying to process the data.  The server is configured to use JSon serialization.  I'm not sure what is going on to cause the issue and I'm hoping someone here can help.  What could be wrong?  Thanks for any help.

CEDeveloper

Saturday, April 2, 2016 9:14 PM

Answers

• I'm going to mark this one as answered and start a new post for the other problem I'm having. The solution to the problem I initially posted was that I need to set JSon serialization on the client side as well and that made the error go away.

CEDeveloper

• Marked as answer by CEDeveloper Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:07 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:07 PM

All replies

• I think I have that problem resolved and I have checked out the web service's $diag page and everything seems to be correctly setup, but when I do the first sync now I get no errors. Like before the database structure is created correctly but no data is downloaded. Any ideas? Thanks for any help and that's IoTGirl for moving this to the correct forum.

CEDeveloper

Sunday, April 3, 2016 10:35 PM
  • I did find that the emulator was not connecting to the web site and I fixed that. The emulator is connecting to the web service and requesting changes according to the service trace I have in place, but it is still not downloading any data. What are some other things I could check? Please help. Thanks.

CEDeveloper

Monday, April 4, 2016 5:02 PM
  • I'm going to mark this one as answered and start a new post for the other problem I'm having. The solution to the problem I initially posted was that I need to set JSon serialization on the client side as well and that made the error go away.

CEDeveloper

• Marked as answer by CEDeveloper Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:07 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:07 PM