Why i can't share my internet connection? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I'm try share my internet connection to a hub, but Windows Home server don't have the option to share the connection.

I have my modem pluged with usb cable.. and i want share to my etherner cable, but WHM don't give this option.. WHY?

If any one There know plz tell me

Tks

Thrustmaster
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:58 AM

Answers

•  Thrustmaster wrote:
    Hello all.

I'm try share my internet connection to a hub, but Windows Home server don't have the option to share the connection.

I have my modem pluged with usb cable.. and i want share to my etherner cable, but WHM don't give this option.. WHY?

Tks

Thrustmaster

It's not designed for that.  However, a simple router can handle that no problem...

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:35 AM
  • As said, WHS isn't designed for ICS. If you think about it a little, do you really want all your personal files and important information stored on a machine which is directly connected to the internet?

Colin

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:41 AM

All replies

•  Thrustmaster wrote:
    Hello all.

Tks

Thrustmaster

It's not designed for that.  However, a simple router can handle that no problem...

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:35 AM
  • As said, WHS isn't designed for ICS. If you think about it a little, do you really want all your personal files and important information stored on a machine which is directly connected to the internet?

Colin

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:41 AM
  • And don't have any option or program to enable this option?
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:07 PM
  •  Thrustmaster wrote:
    Hello all.

Tks

Thrustmaster

First of all I think kariy21 and Colin are right. Also please read the post from Ken Warren and others in Re: Is ICS supported on WHS?

Having said that, if you really want it please read

How To Set Up Internet Connection Sharing in Windows Server 2003

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:23 PM