The selected file is corrupted.. Error message Importing MicrosoftxRMCustomerPortal.cab RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to import MicrosoftxRMCustomerPortal.cab or .zip into an on-premise version of MS CRM 2011 (Windows 2008 R2 Server).

Error message on the first record (Account Form): "The selected file is corrupted or it does not use the correct schema. Either select another file or modify the file to use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM migration template schema"

Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:45 AM

Answers

• Kris,

The solution will only import on RC, RTW, or RTM versions.  I suspect you are trying to import it on an earlier beta version, of which that will not work as this solution was built for RTW/RTM versions of CRM.  RTM version is around 5.0.583 depending on online or on-prem, and later if you apply any patches.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:13 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:08 AM
  • I'm not using any beta versions, but lates release of on-premise. My problem was related to the unzip'ing of the CustomerPortal.exe.cab file. Using WinZIP instead of other tools to unizip the file gave me a different structure of content, and the import of MicrosoftxRMCustomerProtal.cab worked without any problems.
    • Marked as answer by Kris - CRM Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:54 AM

All replies

• What version of CRM are you using? You can find it in File -> Help -> About Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Friday, March 11, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Kris,

The solution will only import on RC, RTW, or RTM versions.  I suspect you are trying to import it on an earlier beta version, of which that will not work as this solution was built for RTW/RTM versions of CRM.  RTM version is around 5.0.583 depending on online or on-prem, and later if you apply any patches.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:13 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:08 AM
  • I am receiving the same error.  I am using version 5.0.9688.53
    Friday, March 18, 2011 4:07 PM
  • Me too, same problem, running on premise 5.0.9688.34
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:46 PM
  • I'm not using any beta versions, but lates release of on-premise. My problem was related to the unzip'ing of the CustomerPortal.exe.cab file. Using WinZIP instead of other tools to unizip the file gave me a different structure of content, and the import of MicrosoftxRMCustomerProtal.cab worked without any problems.
    • Marked as answer by Kris - CRM Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:54 AM
  • jonlman and Jeff, the solution for you is to upgrade to RTM, and make sure you are not importing the CustomerPortal.exe.cab file, but have extracted the CAB file and are importing MicrosoftXrmCustomerPortal.cab

• Proposed as answer by jonlman Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Who would have thought. Ran windows update, updated CRM, now Customer portal works.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:38 PM