OCS 2007 - PBX (Inner calls) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone....

I already installed OCS 2007....I know i need a Mediation Server if I want calls going outside (PSTN, this is not my case)....I'm just interested in inner calls right now.....where can i assign lets say extension 150 to user: xxxx?  

Do I need a PBX to do this? or can OCS be my PBX?

Also, can I use a softphone like X-Lite to connect to OCS?? If possible, HOW (Username, Password, Authorization Username, Domain)? Do I have to enable something in OCS or it's enabled by default? Do I need to include a port in Domain???? What's the diff btw Username and Authorization Username?

Thnx in advance for ur help.

Vrokad.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Vrokad,

Some answers to your questions:

1) if you only want to make internal calls, you don't really need to assign an extension; you can call the person by right-clicking on their name and selecting "call". However, if you really do want to assign an extension, you need to do that in the Line URI field in the user's account in OCS. (click the additional options button on the user page, then under telephony/enterprise voice you'll see the line uri. It should look something liket this:

tel: 1234

(or whatever ext. you want)

Once you've done that, you should be able to call the user from office communicator by dialing 1234

2) you do not need a PBX to do this, OCS will handle the voice and call signalling

3) you can't use other softphones to connect. Just Office Communicator 2007 or one of the third party hard-phones that have been developed by Polycom/Nortel/etc.

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:07 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I did like you mention for calling the user with an extention, but i still cannot "call" the user with the extention assigned to the user. communicator to communicator is working fine. My mediation server is running. Any help with how can i trace the "call" ?

thanks,
    SoJo
    Friday, October 26, 2007 11:57 AM
  • Hi SoJo,

You can configure communicator to log events to the windows application event log. Go into communicator options and enable "log events to windows application log".

When you make a call and it fails, you can see it there...

Also, in the line uri config for your users, try this format:

tel:1234;phone-context=dialstring

Another way to trace the call is to go into OCS console, right click on your front-end server and start a debug session. When you do this, just select the SIPSTACK information and start debugging. When you make a call, all the SIP info will get logged to this debug file. It should tell you what is going on...

Regards,

Matt

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:44 PM