Backups - New Build - If and When RRS feed

• Question

• I currently am running Vail 100% and am wondering if/when a new build comes will I be able to use my external server backup? This has all the current computers and shared folders backed up so if this is in place when I have to do a clean install will it be useable?

I am wondering because of the facts of known bugs that are posted, would it bring back "information" that could cause errors in the if/when newer build.

This was just a thought, will be changing/upgrading HD's soon, internally, for the next milestone, if/when it comes. My external setup will work for the next steps.

--
    Don

I'll repost next milestone

• Edited by DonCarlson Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:47 PM
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:48 PM

Answers

• I currently am running Vail 100% and am wondering if/when a new build comes will I be able to use my external server backup? This has all the current computers and shared folders backed up so if this is in place when I have to do a clean install will it be useable?

I am wondering because of the facts of known bugs that are posted, would it bring back "information" that could cause errors in the if/when newer build.

This was just a thought, will be changing/upgrading HD's soon, internally, for the next milestone, if/when it comes. My external setup will work for the next steps.

--
    Don
    MS has made no announcements regarding any possible future builds (much less any abilities it might have for carryover parts of the current beta build).  You should check he WHS blog periodically to see if/when a new build is released.
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:03 PM

All replies

--
    Don
    MS has made no announcements regarding any possible future builds (much less any abilities it might have for carryover parts of the current beta build).  You should check he WHS blog periodically to see if/when a new build is released.
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:03 PM
  • Rumours (which are likely just that) say VERY soon!

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-to-deliver-betas-of-vail-and-aurora-servers-next-week/6766?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+zdnet/microsoft+

• Proposed as answer by David775 Monday, July 12, 2010 1:48 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:34 PM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:05 AM
  • I noticed on Connect someone posting bugs on a NEW BUILD.

Hopefully we'll see one soon too.

Everyone here has Connect access, right?

Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:23 AM
  • I don't think it is a matter of access to Connect, it is probably released to "select" groups such as MVP's and the select few.
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 1:48 PM