Outlook Contacts Restore RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated my BlackBerry to the current software. When I completed this I found that it had scrambled my outlook contacts by switching the names and e-mails. It is like someone randomly put the wrong e-mail addresses with the wrong names. Now I would like to restore just my outlook contacts. I have looked at the custom restore and looked at the outlook files but cant find the contacts? I see the inbox, sent items, deleted items but I don't see anything that looks like contacts with my last back up date of last week. Where or how can I accomplish this?

Thanks
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:15 PM

Answers

• Outlook data is all stored within your Outlook.pst file - mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, journal, and notes.
    You will need to restore the Outlook.pst file and then use the import function in Outlook to import the Contacts from the restored PST file to your current Outlook PST file.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:07 PM

All replies

• Outlook data is all stored within your Outlook.pst file - mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, journal, and notes.
    You will need to restore the Outlook.pst file and then use the import function in Outlook to import the Contacts from the restored PST file to your current Outlook PST file.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:07 PM
  • The folders and files you see for Inbox, Sent, etc. are not from Outlook, but either Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail.
    -steve

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:08 PM
  • Thanks, found the file, now I just need to find out what our username and password are? lot of good it does to back up every two weeks if none of the four of us know what the username and password is?
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 6:32 PM
  • Found the username and password, went out and found the data looked like it was downloading the file then it pops up a window that states "Unknown problems are preventing Restore from continuing at this time. Please try again later or restart your computer".

I verified that the back up device was on?

Any thoughts on this hurdle?

Thanks
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Where is the backup location? USB external drive? Centralized Backup or specific to the PC?
    You can contact support for help, if needed.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:57 PM