How can users on mac manage personal settings on Project Server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• The personal settings page is not accessible without Internet Explorer, this means mac users can not change notification setting.
    Anoying stuff. Is there an other way they can manage them or should I forget notifications entirely?

Friday, July 6, 2012 7:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Plessers,

DId you install Service Pack 1 on PS2010 which allows you to access Project Server on Non IE Browsers like Safari, Mozilla Firefox and chrome.

I have upgraded my PS2010 instance and it is accessible from mac. Now challenge you might have is authentication. Normal authentication is through AD and for MAC , it will not work. You may have to look at form based authentication for mac users to access.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Yes, normaly we have SP1 installed, I will double check.
    Mac users can acces the tasks page in PWA without problems at the moment.

The validation occurs on some pages like personal settings.

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Hi Bart, this does look a little like an over-site on our part.  We did deliberately restrict access to certain pages to ensure that Mac users (and other nin-IE browsers) had a good experience - specifically with the Team Member functions - but looks like we also restricted the personal settings page.  I'll see if there were any good reasons for doing this and if this page could be made available.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Monday, July 9, 2012 3:50 PM
  • At the moment we turned off notifications entirely.
    They turned out not to be very handy in our line of business.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Good idea. The "alerts" in Project Server generate project spam. The reminders feature, however, can be very useful if used correctly.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:11 AM