Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.ConfigureAspNetAccountAction Failed RRS feed

• Question

• During the course of installing CRM 4.0, I received a "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.ConfigureAspNetAccountAction Failed.  The group name could not be found"  error.  Could anyone shed some light on this?  During the check that the install program does prior to installation, I received a warning that said 'Warning: Check Service Accounts Validation Warning Verify domain user SPN for the Microsoft Dynamic Crm ASP.NET Application Pool Account".  Based on another thread on the forum here, it sounded as though that error would arise if you are using a domain account and that it could be safely ignored.  That does not seem to be in my case.  Could anyone tell me what to do to resolve this?  I've tried setspn but I'm getting an invalid username when I do that.  I'm trying to run as domainname\Administrator and I know it's a good account.  Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:35 PM

Answers

•  

This problem occurs because IIS 6 compatibility mode no longer has the IIS_WPG group.
    To work around this problem, you must select the Network service to start Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Ebferro,

if i am not mistaken, there should be installation log files capture in the system. Maybe you can delve into the installation log files and post more details regarding the error log here.

Please refer to this article for details :

http://piyushmittal.wordpress.com/2007/08/03/microsoft-crm-server-setup-log-file/

Regards,

hadi teo
    haditeo.wordpress.com
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:30 AM
  •  

This problem occurs because IIS 6 compatibility mode no longer has the IIS_WPG group.
    To work around this problem, you must select the Network service to start Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:25 AM
  • I ran across the same problem tonight.  I simply created the IIS_WPG group on the local computer and clicked Retry and the install continued on as normal.

Denny

Denny Cherry, SQL Server DBA, MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS (SQL 2005), MCITP (dbadmin, dbdev)
    • Proposed as answer by Balage74 Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:58 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:15 AM
  • Thanks mrdenny,

it works !!

Monday, December 7, 2009 3:01 PM