none
Microsoft Identity Manager Service and Portal Setup Wizard ended prematurely RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to install MIM2016 including Privileged Access Management. My issues is, if I select the PAM module for installation, the something fails, and the process rolls back everything. 

If I don't select PAM for installation, it fininshes without any issues.

I have the following error message:

When I start the installation with verbose logging, I see these rows in the logfile:

Action 13:37:23: SetPolicyforMonitoringServiceAccount. 
    CustomAction SetPolicyforMonitoringServiceAccount returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    Action ended 13:37:23: InstallExecute. Return value 3.
    Action 13:37:23: Rollback. Rolling back action:
    Rollback: SetPolicyforMonitoringServiceAccount
    Rollback: SetPolicyforServiceAccount
    Action ended 13:37:23: INSTALL. Return value 3.

Do you have any idea what could be reason for this error or what this SetPolicyforMonitoringServiceAccount action does?

Many thanks in advance!

Gabor

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:24 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Forefront Identity Manager 2010 forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:24 PM