Windows Media Player just quits RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Let me begin by saying that this is my first post and it took me fifteen minutes to figure out how to create my own thread.  Maybe its me.;-)

Currently, I am unable to watch downloaded material because WMP simply says that it has encountered a problem, not really specifying which, and must shut down; assures me that Microsoft will be notified of the problem and offers me a polite apology in case I lose any unsaved data.  The download is successful and the file is saved but when I try to open it with say another media player, Windows explorer tells me that it also has encountered a problem and must shut down. 

While it's not the end of the world, this should work right?  a perfectly normal activity?  My manga obsession depends on it!  I can't even open the downloaded video and their is no clear indication as to the source of the problem.  I'm simply asked if I would like to send the "error messages" then the programs shut down.   I'm thinking I should reinstall Windows XP entirely.  (There seem to be a number of smaller issues with its functioning properly.)

Any suggestions?

Joel

• Changed type Carl-S Friday, October 3, 2008 4:19 PM
    Monday, May 7, 2007 9:07 AM