none
Doing an interview write up for a VB coding class. Please read and answer any/all questions if you can! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am a student at Miami University Middletown and I am taking a class on Visual Basic coding/programming. We have an assignment in which we have to interview someone who uses Visual Basic in a work setting. Below is a list of interview Questions. If you could answer any/all of them that you can it would be a great help, thank you in advance!!
    1. What is the name of the company you work for?
    2. What is your job title?
    3. How long have you had your current job?
    4. How do you use computing in your job?
    5. What kinds of problems do you encounter in your work?
    6. How do you solve these problems (Visual Basic Script, Visual Basic Apps, Java Script, etc.)?
    7. How do you think you can become a better problem solver?
    8. What do you like about your job?
    9. What are some important things I should be sure to learn in school to help myself be prepared for problems I will encounter in a computing job once I graduate?
    10. Who do you solve problems for? (Engineers, customers, manufacturers)
    11. Do you enjoy problem solving?
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi deancory99,

Do you have some issue in your vb.net project? If yes, please post more detailed info here, it is beneficial to us to help your better.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Oregon Department of Revenue

Senior System Analyst

22 years

Create enterprise solutions for web via SPA (Single Page Apps) or WPF

Problems per-say or tend to be not with coding but politics

C#, VB.NET, CSS, jQuery, Entity Framework, Web API

Any developer can become better by continually learning something new often e.g. hourly, daily, weekly etc.

Always has something different to offer each day.

Learn the fundamentals, know them inside and out with coding. Become proficient with designing solutions e.g. agile development. Learn how to work with databases away from code.

It always is different each day.

Long hours of work/and-or learning

Taxpayers

Yes 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:59 AM
  • 1. What is the name of the company you work for? Athena Engineering Services

2. What is your job title? Software Engineer 

3. How long have you had your current job? 6 Months

4. How do you use computing in your job? I create custom software for coiled tubing operations. 

5. What kinds of problems do you encounter in your work? Completely depends on the day. Usually we get users who want added features to the app or bugs that we didn't catch, and we go fix them!

6. How do you solve these problems (Visual Basic Script, Visual Basic Apps, Java Script, etc.)? I use vb.net, entity framework, web api, javascript, jquery, apache cordova, sql, visual studio ... the list goes on.

7. How do you think you can become a better problem solver? Make mistakes, then you'll know not to make that mistake again. Eventually you'll make so many mistakes, the solution will come naturally haha.

8. What do you like about your job? I get to create something that didn't exist before.

9. What are some important things I should be sure to learn in school to help myself be prepared for problems I will encounter in a computing job once I graduate? Data Structures, programming fundamentals. Don't get hung up on syntax or a "favorite language".

10. Who do you solve problems for? Coiled tubing operators

11. Do you enjoy problem solving? Of course!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:57 PM