CRM 2011 White Screen then Error after upgrade to Win 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We have recently been rolling out Windows 8 and Office 2013. Several of my heavy CRM 2011 users have seen errors after their workstation was upgraded. It is sporadic (aren't those the worst!), and I have not seen any issues in the event viewer or using the CRM Diagnostic tool.

Basically, when they hit save & close on a record, the form changes to a white screen with only options to minimize/close.

Then, they minimize the screen to find the error "An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."

The changes appear to be saved properly, but this is obviously a nuisance.

The workstation has Windows 8, IE 10, CRM 2011 for Outlook client (UR6 and UR10; Also went up to UR15 to no avail). CRM URL is added to Compatibility View for those with only UR10 installed. Outlook 2013 64-bit.

Has anyone else seen this occur after upgrading to Windows 8, IE 10, and/or Outlook 2013? I don't think it is outlook related since it occurs in the web version on workstations that don't even have the outlook client installed.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Gwen

Friday, December 6, 2013 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any unsupported JS code Onsave/Onload event ? 

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2013 1:47 AM
  • The error occurs completely randomly. I can make the exact same change on the exact same record and only get the error described 1 out of 5 times. Then, I could repeat the action again and get it 4 out of 5 times. Also, some of the entity types have no javascript for their on save event.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:41 PM