Re: Adding a customer lookup in a Customer form Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want to show a customer look up in a customer record related form. For ex: In a patient record, there is a sub form called lab. In lab, I have to mention the lab attendant name(who is another contact in the system).

I created a customer lookup in the Lab form in addition to the patient look up. The issue I'm facing is when I try to create a lab record the patient name gets created automatically which is fine. But the lab attendant lookup also contains the patient name as default. How can I avoid this?

Thanks in advance

Venkat 

Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By what i understand is you have two lookups to Contact Entity ( Patient and Lab Attendant). This is by default behaviour of CRM to populate the parent lookup field. If you want to prevent it you will have to write a javascript onload, in create form and set it to null. Check the below thread for the javascript code :-

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e76a392-fd4b-4e21-b10e-9d3b782fc472/disable-autopopulate-from-parent-entity?forum=crm

Hope this helps!!!!

Thanks,

Prasad

Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:25 AM
  • Thanks Prasad for your reply. In related to that I have another issue. Pls see below.

When sharepoint is linked, the sharepoint chooses lab attendant contact as master contact rather than using Patient record which is the primary contact record.

I have issues with this contact lookups. It would be great if someone can help me with this.

Cheers,

Venkat

Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:03 AM