product key error prompt RRS feed

• Question

• PLEASE HELP ME IN MY PRODUCT KEY I AM TRYING TO ACTIVATE MY MICROSOFT OFFICE AND I PUT THE CODE <deleted> (FOUND AT THE BACK OF MY COMPUTER PROOF OF LICENSE) AND PROMPTING "THE KEY IS INCORRECT, VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE THE KEY AND RETYPE IT".

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ON THIS MATTER THANK YOU

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:50 PM deleted Product key
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:31 AM

Answers

• Josiah never post your Product key in a public forum, you risk it being abused. For your Office Product Key issue you would need to post the Question in the Office forum.(MOD please edit the same.)

P.S the product key that is on the back of your computer is for your Windows. It cannot be used for Office. For Microsoft Office you would need to purchase a retail copy of the same either directly from Microsoft or from a retail store of your computer manufacturer. Note most computer manufacturers install a trail version on Office which is valid for 30-60 days.

• Proposed as answer by Jackie1831 Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:50 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:08 AM
  • You are trying to activate Office with your Windows product key.  You need to use an Office product key.  Buy a copy of Office.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:03 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Josiah never post your Product key in a public forum, you risk it being abused. For your Office Product Key issue you would need to post the Question in the Office forum.(MOD please edit the same.)

P.S the product key that is on the back of your computer is for your Windows. It cannot be used for Office. For Microsoft Office you would need to purchase a retail copy of the same either directly from Microsoft or from a retail store of your computer manufacturer. Note most computer manufacturers install a trail version on Office which is valid for 30-60 days.

• Proposed as answer by Jackie1831 Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:50 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:08 AM
  • You are trying to activate Office with your Windows product key.  You need to use an Office product key.  Buy a copy of Office.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:03 PM
    Answerer