DNLA server questions / Task Scheduler RRS feed

• Question

• When I am logged into my WHS2011 box I can see its Shared Folders available in the DNLA menu on my Onkyo receiver.

But I want to use a program called Foobar2000 as a DNLA server on my WHS2011 box so that I can play my FLAC file music collection to my Onkyo receiver.  Foobar2000 DNLA transcodes to WAV so that the transcoding is lossless to lossless. Essentially no loss of music quality.

When I install Foobar2000 and its DNLA component it works fine as long as I'm logged in.  But I'm hoping that I would not have to be logged in to have Foobar2000 available as a DNLA server.

So I tried setting up a Task Scheduler so that Foobar2000 would run at boot.  But that seems to kill both DNLA instances to my Onkyo receiver. 

And in fact it seems to kill Foobar2000 DNLA and the WHS2011 Shared Folders DNLA even when I'm logged into my WHS2011 box as well.

Ideas?

• Edited by glennss Monday, April 13, 2015 5:01 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 4:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you recieve any error messages in event viewer? How did you set up the task scheduler? Does the issue persist if you delete that task or create another task?

Please make sure that you have installed all the updates on the WHS server.

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 6:32 AM