Plugin on create-activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I need to update some information on a case each time an activity is created.

However it seems I need to put a plugin on EACH type of activity: sms, email, task, phonecall, fax, etc. 

This means having a lot of plugins doing the same. 

Is it possible to put a plugin on an ActivityPointer or something else?

Thanks

Kind regards,

Dennis

Monday, July 14, 2014 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

Nope, that's not possible. The registration part, you'll need to do for all activity types. That's a one time task, so shouldn't call for any effort if you change the Plugin code in future.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

Since all the activity types are similar, you could write a single generic plugin that does the necessary job on the Case when each type of activity is created. Then you could simply register the same plugin across all activity types. That would reduce your coding effort quite a bit.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:34 AM
  • ActvityPointer does not support create plugin, so you can write a generic plugin as suggested above and have your condition based on your entity if you required to do some additional functionality based on entity, otherwise generic plugin can be registered on all the activity entities.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Thank you for your replies.

I am aware of a generic plugin.

However, my wish is to avoid registering the plugin several times and only 1 time on ActivityPointer

That doesn't seem possible.

Kind regards, Dennis --------------- C#, .NET, SQL Server, T-SQL, BI, ASP.NET, Jquery, Javascript

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:23 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Nope, that's not possible. The registration part, you'll need to do for all activity types. That's a one time task, so shouldn't call for any effort if you change the Plugin code in future.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:31 AM
  • Or you could write a small utility for your which can register your plugin for multiple entities, something like this

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:36 AM