1st time install of WHS Connector over IPsec VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to install WHS connector over IPSec VPN?  I've read and tried the following so far. 

Let me say my VPN is working and I can connect to the WHS using RDP.  I can also connect to the WHS over the internet using my registered domain name.

I wold like to install connector on a few machines so that I can use the back up functions.  I've searched the threds but haven't found an answer. 

I've already tried opening UDP port 1900 and enabled muticasting on RVS4000 Cisco router (I believe I read that WHS connector initially uses port 1900 for install),,,  I also edited the Host file on remote client with Homerserver private IP BUT in ALL instances when I type /connector I get a 404 - File or directory not found ERROR.

I'm using "TheGreeBow" IPSec VPN client to created the tunnel.  I know it's possible to do I just need a little help...

Web Mystic
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:53 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure if this is all you'll need, but the firewall in WHS restricts most traffic to 'local subnet'. Assuming your VPN isn't bridged to your local subnet, you will need to relax the 'local subnet' entries to include your VPN subnet. Not at a system to grab specifics, but sounds like you should be able to find what you need.

-timotl

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:53 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if this is all you'll need, but the firewall in WHS restricts most traffic to 'local subnet'. Assuming your VPN isn't bridged to your local subnet, you will need to relax the 'local subnet' entries to include your VPN subnet. Not at a system to grab specifics, but sounds like you should be able to find what you need.

-timotl

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:53 PM
  • timotl - thanks for taking the time and pointing me in the direction I need. 

Web Mystic
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:27 AM