Missing Event in OC Automation API RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a problem with the OCS API of common interest (i think).

We have got a crm system where you should start a telephone call out of the system, and you shout get a message if you get a telephone call. Maybe we can call it the "classic crm-phone-functions". To start a telephone call is no problem, but to get the phonenumber of the incoming call isn't implemented very well.

The incomming call should initialize a phonenumbersearch inside the database of the crm system, to show the user some more information of the customer.

What do I need? I need a event that fires, when a incomming call happens and in the arguments must be the phonenumber. The event I'm missing should have a signatur like this: OnMyPhoneRing(String strNumber)

My crm system is made in vb.net and therefor I've got all possibilities that all the OCS API's gives me. The favorite API ist the "OC Automation API", because everybody who works on the crm system has the Office Communicator 2007, and it's very easy to handle. But there is no event I need or it's hidden very well or I'm to stupid to find.

The other possibility, is to use the Unified Communication Client API. This API seems a little bit "oversized" to do the job I want to do. I don't want to write tons of code only to get one event.

Have you got any ideas, workaround... to solve this problem in a smart way?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:16 AM

All replies

• I have the exact same request; an 'incoming call' event. Can't find it in the Communicator Automation API. So, where? how? Anybody?
    --
    babu
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 12:37 PM