Need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I develop an application some year ago in vb 6.0. One of my customer are not willing to upgrade and now they have a new client that needs this program. Someway I am not able to find my source code anymore. I have the original exe file. When I try to run it it show only part of the data (only comboboxes, rest of the fields it show only fieldname). The application are linkt with a ODBC datasource to a sql server 2008.

Is there anyway to get the application running again on this computer. I'll tried to run it from a working computer, but with same result. I have also install the runtime package - vbrun60sp6.exe

Thank you in advansed

Rune
    • Moved by Martin_Xie Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:17 AM Redirect to related VB6 Forum for better support. (From:Visual Basic General)
    Monday, January 9, 2012 3:03 PM

All replies

• At a guess your ODBC source is not set up correctly. Been a long time since I did this so can't remember how it (last done in Win 95)

BTW this is the VB.net forum - you are more likely to get help in the VB6 one. See the sticky at the top of the page.

Regards David R
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Every program eventually becomes rococo, and then rubble. - Alan Perlis
    The only valid measurement of code quality: WTFs/minute.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 5:56 PM