Server Backup Service RRS feed

• Question

• I keep having a problem with the Backup Service not running apparently ever since I installed a new hard drive.  What is the proper way to remove a hard drive.  It currently does not contain any data.  I have restarted the server and everything seems fine and then the next day it is reported that it is unknown if the clients were backed up or not.  I recently did a clean install of WHS 2011 and I was wondering about removing all my drives except the OS drive and then restoring everything from backup to try to get a fresh start again.  What is the best method to correct this.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:29 PM

All replies

• Can you check that you are trying to continue the earlier backup schedule to the new hard drive? If so, the backup service may still look for configuration files in the new hard drive location (may be at WindowsBackup folder in the drive root directory). You may get this issue because of these files are not available.

To fix this, you may need to schedule a new full backup to the new hard disk OR delete the previous backup and create a new backup schedule to the new hard disk. Also, don't forget to delete the log of previous backup schedule from the server admin console.

--

Aravind

www.vembu.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:50 AM