WCF SelfHosted App sync with Azure RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently developing a Doctor's Office  application and i want it to be the easiest and hassle free deployment and configuration i can get (this is essential as Doctors have lousy IT skills!),  but i also need network multiuser support (the secretary).  I want to deploy preferably using Clickonce in a non admin scenario.

So my concurrency requirements are fairly low, (I don´t want to use Sql Server as it seems to be overkill and complicate deployment).  

So here is my idea, i want to create a .net Self Hosted WCF application  that will start with windows on site, it will act as a server for the users on the Doctors LAN to connect. This server application will use EF and SqlCompact as the database.  Further that Server would sync with a SQL AZURE database (To provide auto backup for the doctors and to repopulate the servers hassle free in case of re-install)    the clients are WPF applications that bind to that local server.

here are my doubt:

Assuming that all this actually can work, will my this custom server (the Self hosted WCF app talking to sqlexpress) be able to sync with SQL AZURE?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated !

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:53 PM

All replies