locked
Chinese font issue in Browser Title RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi , 

               We have a website which is localised for different languages. I am facing issues with Chinese, Korean languages wherein the browser title alone shows junk characters(shown as boxes), but the page content appears well for these languages. 

    I have test this issue in all the browsers, and the same appears for all of them. But the same appears well in other systems similar to mine with same configuration.

    I am using Windows XP and IE 8. Initially i though its browser specific, but its not. It varies from machine to machine because it works well in some of the machines.

    Please let me know if anyone has an idea on this . What settings should i change it to have these languagse appear properly in my machine.

     

    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:07 AM

All replies

  • Hi Sruthi,

    look at the international language support you have installed on the PC that fails rendering the title. You are missing a font capable of rendering teh characters in question. Please visit the Regional Settings applet in the control panel and install support for East Asian languages.

    Windows Versions after XP install the necessary support by default, that's why you see it only on XP and earlier versions of Windows.

    BTW I can recommend upgrading to Windows 7 - runs on many machines that are running Windows XP.

    Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

    Friday, September 10, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Thanks Chris for the solution. It helped.
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:07 PM