Showing activities according to assigned rules to employees RRS feed

• Question

• I have around 20 employees in CRM Dynamics 2011 and I would like some of them not to see eachother's activities! How is it possible to do this? 

Thanks

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

it's never a good idea to make changes while people are working with the system, even if the changes are not likely to affect their work. Don't you have a test system where you can first check your changes?

Otherwise, I would recommend doing this in non-business hours.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

• Marked as answer by moh10ly Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can do this using security roles (create a new one or copy one or edit one). You can allow the users only to see activities on a "User" level in the "Read" privilege, like this:

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:10 AM
  • I created a security role and under Core Records/ Activity/Share I changed from Organization to User. now what do I have to do ?

do I assign this new role to everyone so they don't see the manager's activity ? or do I assign it to the Manager ? 

and will that affect anything else e.g. (Contacts, Accounts..etc) ? 

thanx

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:12 AM
  • You have to assign this role to the users, whose rights you want to restrict. In order for the users not to be able to see other records than their own, you have to edit the "Read" privilege. You should keep in mind, that if the user has 2 security roles and if one of the roles has more rights for a specific privilege than the other, then the one with more privileges will have a higher priority.

The changes you make affect the entity you are editing. For side-effects etc. you will have to check yourself if your business requirements are met.

Visit my blog here.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:19 AM
  • Would it ok to do these changes while users are entering some contact details? We have some people who are doing data entry for contacts/accounts! or do they have to stop working while I do these changes? 

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Hi,

it's never a good idea to make changes while people are working with the system, even if the changes are not likely to affect their work. Don't you have a test system where you can first check your changes?

Otherwise, I would recommend doing this in non-business hours.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

• Marked as answer by moh10ly Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:38 PM