Customize Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if you can help me to understand how can I customize a report where I could see the average time spent since an Lead is open until is closed.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Monday, June 29, 2009 3:02 PM

Answers

• The only item I would add to what Hassan offers is to obtain the actualclose date rather than modifiedon date.  I have found in that in some installations, the modified on date will change after the record is closed based on the jobs running on the records.  I understand that this is not expected behavior but it does happen.

Your query should look something like this if you want to pull the data. 

select leadid, fullname, createdon, actualclose, statecode, statuscode from filteredlead

In your report you can show the average time to close based on the difference between the createdon and actualclose for those leads that have been closed (qualified, disqualified).  You can also structure your query to do the calculation in the query if you want.

Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, June 29, 2009 4:28 PM
  • Hi,

You will need to write a custom report that provides you with this information.
    You will not be able to create the report using the MS CRM report wizard.

You can find out more about writting and modifying reports in MS CRM v4.0 at the URL below.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb955081.aspx

Pseudo algorithm:

• Get all reports that are Qualified or Disqualified.
    • Get the difference between createdon and modifiedon (This will be the date the lead was closed).
    • Calculate the average days taken to close lead.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Monday, June 29, 2009 3:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by RicardoCaldas Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:59 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You will need to write a custom report that provides you with this information.
    You will not be able to create the report using the MS CRM report wizard.

You can find out more about writting and modifying reports in MS CRM v4.0 at the URL below.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb955081.aspx

Pseudo algorithm:

• Get all reports that are Qualified or Disqualified.
    • Get the difference between createdon and modifiedon (This will be the date the lead was closed).
    • Calculate the average days taken to close lead.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Hassan Hussain Monday, June 29, 2009 3:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by RicardoCaldas Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:59 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 3:28 PM
  • The only item I would add to what Hassan offers is to obtain the actualclose date rather than modifiedon date.  I have found in that in some installations, the modified on date will change after the record is closed based on the jobs running on the records.  I understand that this is not expected behavior but it does happen.

Your query should look something like this if you want to pull the data. 

select leadid, fullname, createdon, actualclose, statecode, statuscode from filteredlead

In your report you can show the average time to close based on the difference between the createdon and actualclose for those leads that have been closed (qualified, disqualified).  You can also structure your query to do the calculation in the query if you want.

Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, June 29, 2009 4:28 PM
  • I want to thanks booth of you for your quick answer.

I just know Dynamics CRM for a few weeks, and I will try to follow yours suggestions and than I give you a reply about my success (or not).

Once again, thank you Hassan and Donna.

Best regards.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 4:34 PM
  • I am glad the information helped.  If you would please mark the post as answered.  Feel free to create a new post as needed if you have additional questions.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, July 10, 2009 8:22 PM