Reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using OneCare for a year or so with few problems. I received a request to renew my annual subscription about a week ago but noticed that the price of the subscription was almost twice that which i could buy the retail boxed software for. [IF ANYBODY FROM MS IS READING THIS THEN WHY IS THIS THE CASE?? IF YOU WANT A QUICK WAY OF CHEESING OFF YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMERS THEN THIS IS IT. DO YOU THINK WE ARE STUPID?]

So, i purchased the retail boxed software (to hell with the environmental implications and added carbon footprint) and uninstalled the existing OC installation. I also cancelled the existing subscription. However when i reinstall it still says my subscription has expired and asks me to pay the 2x price to update my subscription online - which of course i will not do.

I'm pretty disgusted by all of this and a henceforth happy and loyal customer of OC has been turned into a thoroughly unhappy one who is now looking at alternative solutions from other providers.

Sorry for the rant but i can't beleive i am the only one who has had this problem.

If anybody can suggest a solution then please reply to this thread and copy me andrewf[at]wcett.co.uk.

Thanks for reading

Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:12 AM

Answers

• You didn't need to cancel your subscription. You just needed to renew using "Prepaid PIN" as a payment method. Anyway, now that you already cancelled, you will need to follow these instructions to activate OneCare:

1. Install OneCare from the CD or the online download.
    2. Click the Subscribe button in OneCare and sign in with your LiveID.
    3. When you are asked to select a payment method, choose "Prepaid PIN" and enter the product key from inside the box.
    This should activate your OneCare subscription.
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:16 PM

All replies

• You didn't need to cancel your subscription. You just needed to renew using "Prepaid PIN" as a payment method. Anyway, now that you already cancelled, you will need to follow these instructions to activate OneCare:

1. Install OneCare from the CD or the online download.
    2. Click the Subscribe button in OneCare and sign in with your LiveID.
    3. When you are asked to select a payment method, choose "Prepaid PIN" and enter the product key from inside the box.
    This should activate your OneCare subscription.
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:16 PM
  • You may need to use a different LiveID to activate your new subscription.

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 12:20 AM