none
Validation of Vista RC2 (Build 5744) RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running RC2 as an upgrade to my original XP. I was never sucessful in validating the OEM (HP) pre-installed XP SP2.

I can't get past the Genuine Advantage diagnostics! Everything except the "Microsoft ActiveX controls loading" passes. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work.

I had the exact same problems with XP SP2, clean install of RC2 on a separate partition, and now with my RC2 upgrade.

Can anyone tell me the settings I need in my Internet Options(IE7)?

Thanks, George

Friday, October 13, 2006 1:26 AM

Answers

• gwsmith,

So this is an issue with XP in additon to Vista.

with XP:

1. Download and run the WGA Diagnostic Tool  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and then click on "Copy" at the bottom right of the window. Paste the results into your forum response by starting a new post/thread and holding down "CTRL" and clicking "V" while still having "CTRL" held.

What exactly are your issues with Vista?

right now there aren't any "upgrade" versions of vista, they are all full installs, you have the option to upgrade, but it's not an upgrade only program.

Where did you get your product key, and what is Vista telling you about your "genuine" status?

Monday, October 16, 2006 4:24 PM