none
Trying to use an enterprise sql database locally RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to use the SQL Server Object Explorer functionality on my desktop to be able to develop on an island as it were. Our production servers use SQL Server 2012 Enterprise edition so when I try to deploy our database scripts locally they fail since I'm using the developer edition (I'm assuming that's what's built in locally on VS2015). It seems really stupid to provide developers with a stripped down version of sql server that can't even deploy what's used in production.  I've been trying to strip away the Enterprise functionality from the deployment, and to be honest I can live with out it for the most part, but then I thought I should probably ask here and maybe save myself a lot of headaches.
    • Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:00 PM

All replies

• Hi edowney,

Thanks for your posting.

This forum is for Visual Studio IDE issues, to your case it seems more related to SQL Server, and there is particular forum for it, you could post the issue there where you will get more professional and quick answer.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:18 AM