Need help troubleshooting publish of CSV file to SharePoint Environment RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am developing some on-line help nuggets for training purposes and have downloaded the free version of the LCDS tool from Microsoft.  We will be ultimately publishing into a SharePoint platform on the web.

Here is what the System Analyst, Kevin Kahm has to say about the issue:  

Typically with a website the default.htm is the page that should open first.  In this case when I attempt to open the default.html (that is nested in the course folder)I after allowing the active x control, then the Content Preview page displays.

I noticed however that when opening the wrapper.htm from my desktop I get what looks to be the actual course.

After uploading the entire folders contents to a SharePoint site, and navigating to the wrapper.htm I receive the following popup box:

"LMSAPI is undefined" 

Is there an issue with SharePoint compatibly or a special way in which these course have to be implemented?

Thanks.

Monday, September 22, 2008 11:08 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you are trying to view your course after uploading the zipped file to SharePoint? 

You can open a course from the Shared Documents location that you uploaded the course to.  At the zipped course file level, hover over the course you wish to view.  A drop down arrow will appear to the right of the listing.  Selecting the arrow gives you a list of edit options.  One of them should be E-Learning Options. Select E-Learning Options and you will be able to assign yourself the course for viewing. 

• Marked as answer by V Longacre Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:54 PM
    • Edited by V Longacre Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:57 PM word edit
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:54 PM