How to control the sora hardware via software? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to develop a software like HwVeri.exe. I can use the software to set the parameter of the hardware directly and immediately. But I don't know how to use "dut" command in the software to realize that.

How can I do that? Thanks!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:16 PM

Answers

• Please check the Sora Manual (latest version is v1.7): 12.2 UMX API. You may find interesting APIs there.

If you have more requirement which cannot be implemented by these APIs, please let us known.

Friday, April 4, 2014 5:36 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please check the Sora Manual (latest version is v1.7): 12.2 UMX API. You may find interesting APIs there.

If you have more requirement which cannot be implemented by these APIs, please let us known.

Friday, April 4, 2014 5:36 AM
    Answerer
  • The point is that: How can I use these APIs?

For example, if I use visual studio to develop a windows application, how should I use these APIs in the c++ codes? DeviceIOControl? Or use the APIs directly?

Friday, April 4, 2014 8:13 AM
  • The APIs are internal implemented by DeviceIOControl. So you should use them directly.

All our sample user mode programs are using these APIs.

Friday, April 4, 2014 8:36 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your answer.

There is still another question. As you say, I can use the APIs directly to adjust the central frequency, the txgain, the rxgain.

But if I want to collect the SNR, FER, FLR, signal power, noise power and other parameters, there is no such APIs.

What should I do when I develop the Windows Forms application?

Expecting your reply, thanks.

Friday, April 4, 2014 8:49 AM
  • There are no such kind of APIs, because Sora hardware and firmware have no knowledge of the baseband signal processing at all. All the real baseband signal processing should be implemented in user mode programs, eg. umxsdrbrick.exe. So if you want to get these information, you must implemented the measurement yourself. No quick answer for them.

All the samples in SoraSDK are kernel mode drivers and user mode console program. We don't provide any sample code of Windows Form application, but in theory it is doable.

Saturday, April 5, 2014 7:23 AM
    Answerer