Formatted my OneCare backup drive oops RRS feed

• Question

•  

How can I get Onecare to forget the old backups????

I get Current backup device not found cant seem to get around this.

Duh Its there but has been formatted

I need an answer better than change setting this does not work.

What file holds the back-up info that has to be deleted??  or do I need touninstall and  re-Install?

Ron

Saturday, August 11, 2007 9:31 PM

Answers

•  

I fixed it by going into change settings and switched  drive locations to DVD from External usb drive, then switching back to usb drive.

Great Software but lacks some features.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:06 AM

All replies

•  

I fixed it by going into change settings and switched  drive locations to DVD from External usb drive, then switching back to usb drive.

Great Software but lacks some features.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:06 AM
  • Another solution would have been to start a new full backup to the destination drive, although I admit to not knowing the exact steps to do that in 2.0. Changing backup settings is a flaky procedure in my opinion.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 6:15 PM
  • Need to reconfigure the backup after the format of the drive.

Agreed that its not right way to change the device to start a new full backup. We are planning to change this.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:56 PM
  •  

Well I tried this  you would think that it would notice the drive was cleaned off. It kept saying that it couldn't find the previous backup drive. But it seems to be working after I togled the dvd and external drive option. It was some sort of digital lock that needed to be shaken free.

Thanks for the reply

Ron

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:59 AM