Changing The Look of WHS Main Page RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've read where the image can be changed on WHS main page but how about font color, size, and background colors?  Not to mention the color of the blue bar at the top.

Thanks for the replies.

jh

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:22 AM

Answers

• There are not any "theming" or "skinning" options for the Windows Home Server web page. 

You can try to edit the files yourself, be sure to save a copy of them before you get yourself in a place that may require you to do a Server Reinstallation to get it working again.

If you have a specific suggestion for what type of options you would like to see - please submit it at http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:12 PM
  •  JSHollis wrote:

I've read where the image can be changed on WHS main page but how about font color, size, and background colors?  Not to mention the color of the blue bar at the top.

Thanks for the replies.

jh

JSHollis,

Well, there are two ways to change the two remote landing pages. The hard way we used to do it and the easy way...LOL.

First the hard way. Here is my how to post almost a year ago that lists the files to edit and where to find 'em. You can change the blue bar and the tittle in it as well. Here

Or you can use Andrew Grant's Whiist add-in to change the pick super easy, but you'll still have to edit the default.aspx file to change the banner at the top or anything else.  Here

Hope this helps

Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:05 AM

All replies

• There are not any "theming" or "skinning" options for the Windows Home Server web page. 

You can try to edit the files yourself, be sure to save a copy of them before you get yourself in a place that may require you to do a Server Reinstallation to get it working again.

If you have a specific suggestion for what type of options you would like to see - please submit it at http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:12 PM
  •  JSHollis wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

jh

JSHollis,

Well, there are two ways to change the two remote landing pages. The hard way we used to do it and the easy way...LOL.

First the hard way. Here is my how to post almost a year ago that lists the files to edit and where to find 'em. You can change the blue bar and the tittle in it as well. Here

Or you can use Andrew Grant's Whiist add-in to change the pick super easy, but you'll still have to edit the default.aspx file to change the banner at the top or anything else.  Here

Hope this helps

Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:05 AM