OneCare Circle Surprisingly good, or is it? RRS feed

• Question

• I installed OC as a trial on my laptop several weeks before installing and activating it on my home system. I designated my home system as a Hub PC and OneCare dutifully added my laptop to the circle. I am impressed with the ease in which this happened , however I am a little concerned. Should I have uninstalled the trial on my laptop before-hand?  BTW the laptop reflects that it is current and the subscription date is correct.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:01 AM

Answers

• The trial of One Care is the full version so it does not need to be uninstalled. I am assuming you activated the trial and One Care did not "self-activate".

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:54 PM

All replies

• The trial of One Care is the full version so it does not need to be uninstalled. I am assuming you activated the trial and One Care did not "self-activate".

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:54 PM
  • If there is no Subscribe link in OneCare on the laptop, it has picked up the login you apparently provided when in trial mode to test additional functions that only work when you provide a LiveID. Since you then activated a subscription with that same LiveID on the other PC, those credentials (the subscription status) would be exchanged down to the OneCare install during its check (daily if expiration of the trial is imminent). Note that if you installed the trial without ever providing a LiveID after installation, the "automatic" activation could not have happened.

s-teve

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:46 PM