Office Genuine Advantage Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed and activated Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 on my computer from my technet account. But when i try and validate this is what i get.

Office Genuine Advantage
    Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer. This may be due to one of the following:

■The version of Office installed on this computer is earlier than Office XP.
    ■There are currently no Office applications installed on this computer.
    ■The version of Office you are using is hosted on another computer or a terminal server. Read more about this in the FAQ.
    Solution: Purchase genuine Microsoft Office with a new computer, or from a retailer or software reseller near you. Learn more about how you can buy Microsoft Office.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but i cant get it to validate please help.

• Changed type Carey FrischMVP Friday, July 16, 2010 11:16 PM Comment -> Question
    Friday, July 16, 2010 8:58 PM

Answers

• Hello Tran Nhat Thang,

Can't say for sure, but it's likely that the Validation Utility and its web pages have not yet been updated to support Office 2010.  It took a few weeks for the Windows Validation Utility to be updated to work with Windows 7 as well.

That might also be the case for the mgadiag utility.  If you follow these instructions we can check to see if it "sees" your installed Office H&S 2010:

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Friday, July 16, 2010 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hello Tran Nhat Thang,

Can't say for sure, but it's likely that the Validation Utility and its web pages have not yet been updated to support Office 2010.  It took a few weeks for the Windows Validation Utility to be updated to work with Windows 7 as well.

That might also be the case for the mgadiag utility.  If you follow these instructions we can check to see if it "sees" your installed Office H&S 2010:

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Friday, July 16, 2010 9:29 PM
  • To my knowledge Dan is correct.

I have not received an ETA for when the Validation site will support 2010.

Darin MS
    Monday, July 19, 2010 9:25 PM
  • Microsoft is SO bad at software.

After myriad calls to the OGA support team, here's the answer: this website was designed for Office 2007 or earlier. It does not work with Office 2010. Prior to Office 2010 validation was a separate step. The OGA website (www.microsoft.com/genuine, clicke the 'validate office' button) was how you validated Office. Office 2010 (all versions) does it in the Office program itself; no need for external validation (tell THAT to your shrink!).

Read the error carefully: "No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer." Your Office 2010 is NOT eligible for validation - it's already been validated!

SB/US Engineering Inc.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:42 PM