workflow to link incoming email to account based on sender's domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow that will link an incoming email to a contact based on the email sender's email address - working fine!

Is there any way that I can link an incoming email to a CRM contact or account based on the domain of the sender's email address.

e.g.  all incoming emails from [anyperson]@greenpark.com would be associated with the account "Greenpark Trading Company" even if all the relevant full email addresses are not defined.

TIA

Joe

Joe
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

This is not something that can be done out of the box.  You may be able to do this using the CRM SDK so I will move this thread to the Development forum.

Best regards,

Kim Johnson
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Joe Kelly Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

This is not something that can be done out of the box.  You may be able to do this using the CRM SDK so I will move this thread to the Development forum.

Best regards,

Kim Johnson
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Joe Kelly Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:44 PM
  • Thanks
    Joe
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:55 PM