none
Recent Activity doubled RRS feed

• Question

• If you look up my activity right now, you find many of the entries doubled (or even trippled). 

Thanks.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:50 AM

Answers

• We've reviewed the logs and in this scenario the only duplicate is the actual display of the activities. Points, achievement counting, statistics were not duplicated. We've identified the bug that caused this duplication on the activity feed and have a fix checked in. That will be deployed with our next release on 2/2.
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:01 AM

All replies

• I think I see one activity repeated 10 times in your profile. I have the same thing happening to me. Something strange is going on. If this is similar to what happened a few months ago, the activities will grow over time until someone fixes it.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:37 AM
  • I guess it will be fixed. BTW, I got also a few achievements I earned long time ago

Thank you for voting a forums post as helpful for the first time. You have earned a bronze achievement.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Library Annotation activity entries seem to be stuck, one done earlier today is always showing as less than a minute ago in my profile, and the second annotation I did isnt showing at all. as those were added recently, maybe the problems are related. didn't see reissued achievements though so far
    • Proposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:57 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sean Jenkin Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:57 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:52 PM
    Answerer
  • We are looking into what's going on to determine where the breakdown is...
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:59 PM
  • We've reviewed the logs and in this scenario the only duplicate is the actual display of the activities. Points, achievement counting, statistics were not duplicated. We've identified the bug that caused this duplication on the activity feed and have a fix checked in. That will be deployed with our next release on 2/2.
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Library Annotation activity entries seem to be stuck, one done earlier today is always showing as less than a minute ago in my profile, and the second annotation I did isnt showing at all. as those were added recently, maybe the problems are related. didn't see reissued achievements though so far

There is a known bug with Library annotations where the timezone isn't being reported properly to Recognition. You'll find library annotations are in a "less than minute ago" for 7-8 hours before they move on.

As to an annotation not showing up, that we'd have to look at more.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:03 AM
  • if it helps, this one is in the profile http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd315350.aspx

this one made few minutes later doesnt show up http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/dd315350.aspx and isnt counted either

no complaint, just for info :)

Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:18 AM
    Answerer