CRM Custom Escalation Work Flow RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

i'm very new to CRM with 8 Years of experience in asp.net Development, i've the below scenario, in the CRM 2011 there is an entity Called new_Holiday with the below fields,

1- Holiday Name

2- Holiday Start Date

3- Holiday End Date

when a case is created i need to fire a custom work flow which should return the wait time of the case before it's escalated 

if the Case is Created on Friday 3:30 pm and our default period to solve the case is 24 hours so it should return 72 hours to the CRM as a wait time before the case is Escalated (given that Saturday and Sunday are weekends) also i'll be checking in the code that while checking the time if there is a holiday i'll add it to the wait time ... taking the above example if i found monday in the holiday entity i'll add another 24 hours to the 72 hours to be 96 hours wait time.

any help will be much appreciated.

N.B: i've created the the activity project (C#) and added the CRM dlls to the project and i was able to register the dll in CRM but i'm not sure how to return the counted hours in the waitime of the Case.

any help will be much appreciated.

• Edited by Allamz Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:13 PM
    Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can start with this post which will help you to check working day, you can calculate time and check if there is any holiday in that day or not.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:11 AM
  • Thank you HTH,

I was able to retrieve data from the entity and calculate the value I need, now I need to create an activity which will return a value to the CRM and crm will take this value as a Wait time, your help will be much appreciated.

BR,

Mohamed Allam

BR, Mohamed Allam

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:12 PM
  • If you are doing this within a workflow, can you use a Wait Condition to compare the current date/time to the date/time you returned, then execute your escalation?
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:58 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, I need a sample to know how to return an output to the wait condition and your help will be much appreciated.

BR, Mohamed Allam

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:53 PM
  • Ok, Please check this sample post it will help you how to set datetime output variable, then you can use this variable in wait condition or you can set this variable to first your entity field and then use that field in wait condition.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:59 AM