none
Q:Content Place Holder related RRS feed

• Question

• Q:There are four placeholder tool box each contains color
    red,green,blue,white respectively,when we drag one over other then the
    color property of first Ph tool box is taken by second Ph
    toolbox.write a program to perform these operation.
     on dragging:-
    white+red=red.
     red+green=?.

So plz plz any buddy help me to get rid of this problem , ASAP.........

• Moved by Alexander Sun Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:55 AM ASP.NET related (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

first of all: This sounds like a homework - please try to solve it on your own. This forum is not a homework doing community.

So please:
    - Try to understand what you should do.
    - Think about the topics of the last teachings. Normaly the homework is related to that.
    - Try to write a solution yourself.

If you have any problems during that process you can feel free to ask and we will try to help you.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, May 21, 2012 12:02 PM
  • @ Konard Neitzel

Sir, from past 10 days I am trying to solve it , but still unable.

I am new to master page related things and this is not the home work . Actually I am not so prosperous to take any coaching.

I am learning by surfing such that i can get any good job .

Right now I used to search different questions related to ASP.Net for freshers and try myself to solve them. This question I have got while searching freshers related question . I found that this is the basic question that are asked related to master page.

So, I tried to solve it and get ready for any future question that should be asked to me. Alas! I tried my best but nothing worthcoming . 

Monday, May 21, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Even if it's not homework, by your own adhesion the purpose of the program is to teach you about programming.  If we just do it for you then you won't be learning, you'll just be copy/pasting.  You need to do it yourself to really learn from the experience.

I don't know of any ways of doing what you want to do using ASP, my guess is that you'll want to look into JQuery.  It has functions for making HTML elements draggable and firing off an event when one item is dropped onto another.  You can also use JQuery to modify elements (for example their color).

If you haven't worked with JQuery before, I'd go to their website and do some of the introductory tutorials they have there, and then look into some of the demos that they have on drag-and-drop functionality.

If you get stuck at some point (JavaScript isn't exactly the easiest of languages to work with at times) feel free to post the progress that you've made and the problem(s) that you are having so we can help you through it.

Monday, May 21, 2012 5:10 PM
  • Hi Subodh786,

Thank you for your post.

You use a web UI control, so I recommend you go to ASP.NET forum for better support: http://forums.asp.net/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:55 AM