none
Which microsoft qualification is good for networking & also for Windows server/client??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm very confused right now in choosing the right qualification based on networking & server/client. I've done my ccna & I was thinking of doing ccnp but I'm also interested in mcse. Now the another thing is I want to take undergraduate course as well based on networking but I really don't know which qualification(academic or certificate) is good for networking & server/client thing. I think mcse is based on server/client thing & ccnp is obviously networking. When I thought about taking undergraduate course in networking which is usually for 3 years I also thought that I might be wasting my time let's say at least a year or something & I've never been to university so I've no idea about what exactly they gonna teach me about networking for  3 years which I can finish in short time taking short courses from cisco or Microsoft & again after that there's master degree & so on...You know what I mean? I also wanna do mcse to learn about server and client coz I've done ICT System Support-Level 3 (City & Guilds Level 3 qualification) which is based on Windows server & client. I'm really confused right now & don't know which qualification to choose between academic qualification or certificate... I also hear that getting Microsoft or cisco certificate can get me good salary jobs...If it is so then why people go to university for networking course (I don't know which undergraduate course for networking is right for me) & do at least bachelor degree??? Pleaseeeee help me here coz I'm 25 years old now & worried about my age as well.

BTW what's the difference between mcse (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) & mcse (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) & which one is good & professional?

Thnx in advance for reading my post

• Edited by Chris179 Friday, October 24, 2014 8:44 PM
    Friday, October 24, 2014 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Microsoft has no real networking certification. You can find some networking parts in several courses, but that is nothing compared to the other certifications you mentioned.
    The Microsoft certifications are about the Microsoft server and client systems. You will, of course, find DNS and DHCP, RADIUS and VPN parts in the MCSA certification, but it is still not networking. In the in the MCSA you find a lot of basic infrastructure and even network infrastructure.
    If you want a Microsoft certification that helps you in you job or getting one, concentrate on the MCSE windows server infrastructure certification. Part of this is the MCSA windows server certification.
    The difference between the both MCSE you mentioned is, that the system engineer is the old certification available for Windows server 2003 and older.
    Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:49 AM