none
Understanding Points and LeaderBoard Position RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was just viewing the LeaderBoard today and just noticed something which i am not able to understand, so i am posting here to get understanding on the points and leaderboard where i see my points listed as 148 but when i view my profile i have around 2700 points.

Here is the LeaderBoard visual:

and if we go to the profile of member who is leading me i see this:

and here is the my profile:

So i am little confused here how the points system and leader-board is working actually, is this something buggy in the system or am i missing something obvious here.

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Blog | LinkedIn | Stack Overflow | Facebook
    profile for Ehsan Sajjad on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:26 PM

Answers

• The leaderboard shows your total points for the current calendar year, in this case 2018. Your total points, 2704, are the total points since your account was created. The 2018 points, 148, is the total since January 1, 2018.

Edit: Saurabh_Y must have earned no points in 2017, so in that case the current year total matches the grand total since the account was created.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:34 PM

All replies

• The leaderboard shows your total points for the current calendar year, in this case 2018. Your total points, 2704, are the total points since your account was created. The 2018 points, 148, is the total since January 1, 2018.

Edit: Saurabh_Y must have earned no points in 2017, so in that case the current year total matches the grand total since the account was created.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:34 PM
  • So just realized the total points and points box under the position change are different, but now just wondering how those points get determined ?

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

profile for Ehsan Sajjad on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Thanks for clarifying this thing, now it makes sense to me. :)

Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:13 PM