MS CRM 3.0 Laptop Client Installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a problem in installing the MS CRM 3.0 Laptop client. I had installed the crm in one machine.But we changed the domian of the machine without uninstalling the existing CRM.Due to this i am getting the error-'Incompatible version of MS CRM Laptop client already exists'.I tried to remove the CRM folders and from SQL Server folder,i also tried to remove some registry entries.But still i m getting the same error message.Please help me out in this.

Monday, March 3, 2008 8:23 AM

Answers

•  

I think you have to uninstall Microsoft CRM , build new organization unit in the new active directory , use the redeployment tool(you can find it on CRM server CD) ,follow the steps, and install Microsoft CRM again , and i think you have to reinstall the CRM client for outlook again..

Monday, March 3, 2008 10:12 AM

All replies

•  

Dear,

It because of registry settings.   I think you change the some settings of Active directory which can load exchange and crm.

Can you full remove your CRM and exchange, activie directory and reinstall it again.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Monday, March 3, 2008 9:13 AM
  • Hi Imran,

I am trying to install the CRM in one of my client machines.In that i dont have Active Directory/Exchange.If it is due to registry keys,can you tell me which registry keys i should remove.

Monday, March 3, 2008 9:20 AM
  •  

I think you have to uninstall Microsoft CRM , build new organization unit in the new active directory , use the redeployment tool(you can find it on CRM server CD) ,follow the steps, and install Microsoft CRM again , and i think you have to reinstall the CRM client for outlook again..

Monday, March 3, 2008 10:12 AM