none
New to cloud. where do i start

Question

• Hi guys,

i have been tasked to put one of our BI solutions in the cloud as a POC.

we had a guy from MS come show us the basics.

setting up VPNs, databases etc

But even  that was a bit past me.

I first need to set up an account and environment etc.

Is there a tutorial I can go through that explains what I should be doing?

cheers

Ian

• Moved by litdev Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Ian, can you tell us a little more about your BI solution? Was it in Power BI? Datazen? SSRS? Was your data source on-premises or in the cloud? There are a lot of great resources we can provide if you can help us better understand the technologies and goals of the project.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

http://blogs.msdn.com/samlester

Twitter - @SQLSamLester

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Ian, can you tell us a little more about your BI solution? Was it in Power BI? Datazen? SSRS? Was your data source on-premises or in the cloud? There are a lot of great resources we can provide if you can help us better understand the technologies and goals of the project.

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

http://blogs.msdn.com/samlester

Twitter - @SQLSamLester

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Ian,

Can you respond to Sam's questions please?

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, August 15, 2016 2:17 PM
  • Hello,

Since you have not responded I have marked Sam's post as the answer as "There are a lot of great resources we can provide if you can help us better understand the technologies and goals of the project."

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 2:03 PM