CRM Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have an issue with passing parameters from CRM to reporting services. I use SQL business intelligence tool to create reports. I just want to display my filtering criteria on the report. That criterion is given on the CRM interface.

Ex- view all sales from 01/01/2007 to 01/01/2008. If I want to mention these two dates on my report, how can I do this??

if you are gonna tell me just pass that as a parameter from CRM, from where can i find that place to pass params in CRM?

Thanx in advance.

Isuru

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You may find this SDK entry very useful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa685877.aspx. Additionally if you'd like to enable prefiltering in your reports, please check that site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb955092.aspx

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    • Marked as answer by Isuru Dias Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:00 AM
  • Hi

In your report you need to create your query as follows

select column1, column2 from FilteredAccount CRMAF_FilteredAccount

Then you need to upload your report to CRM, save it and then click Actions, Set Default Filter, now put the date field you want in the filter and save it.
    Now when a user want's to use your report he/she will be asked to use your date or enter a new one.
    • Marked as answer by Isuru Dias Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Isuru Dias Monday, March 2, 2009 12:34 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:04 AM
  • Hi Kuba,

thanx for ur reply.
    But just wondering, after uploading my modified report to CRM, from where can i set those parameters? I mean, after setting date fields, how it would know the parameter identity??? How can it match those parameter names in my sql query??

Thanx

isuru
    Isuru
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:27 AM
  • And the other thing is, i don't want to take these dates from CRM Database. I just want to show user selected values on the report. So no need to access columns, just grab from CRM filter and show on the report.
    Isuru
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:30 AM