MS Money 2007 using Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have MS Money 2007 using Vista on my old computer. I now have a new computer and would like to still us Money or use an updated version. Is there a new version? Will I be able to transfer my data from Money 2007 (Vista) to my new computer (Windows 8.1)?
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:36 PM

All replies

• You will need to download Money Plus Deluxe Sunset install file. That is available via a link in what is currently the second post in this forum. Keep a copy of the file.

Use that file to install Money onto the new computer. Copy the *.mny and recent *.mbf files from the old computer to the Documents folder of the new computer. Open Money by double-clicking the current *.mny file.

Once in Money,  set the backup locations to match what exists on the new computer.

Friday, November 14, 2014 4:43 PM
  • I've used Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe on all my computers starting with XP to win 8. No need to download Sunset
    Monday, November 17, 2014 12:21 PM
  • If you have installation files on a Microsoft CD for Money 2007 you may be able to install that directly on your new computer. If you had obtained Money 2007 as a digital download you will not be able to activate the application because the MS servers have been switched off ~ in this case you will have to follow Cal's advice.

Teabag

Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:24 PM