Map accuracy issues and no Updates S&T 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Streets & Trips 2013. There is no way to check for program updates from within the program. I found an issue where Streets & Trips will not accurately map through the intersection of I-77 and I-70 at Cambridge, OH, south to north or east  to west. It takes all sorts of crazy routs around this intersection and will not travel through the intersection as it should.

What good is a mapping program that will not accurately map through a major interstate intersection.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:19 AM

All replies

• I guess this is typical of low budget poorly written software companies. There has been no response on the forum or no update by Microsoft about a fix for the issues with this software.
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:42 AM
  • Still no response from Microsoft about a fix for this poor software.
    Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:10 PM
  • Still no reply or fix from Microsoft
    • Proposed as answer by MapForums_com Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:52 AM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 4:37 AM
  • I don't know what's going on with this Oddity, but it also seems to occur with the more expensive Microsoft software MapPoint 2013, I posted screenshots and copied your question on the MapPoint forum --

http://www.mapforums.com/anyone-know-whats-going-intersection-i-77-i-70-mappoint-2013-a-27650.html

(S&T and MP share the same source for street data - NAVTEQ)

Hopefully someone knows something about this.

Eric

http://www.mapforums.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:08 AM
  • Still no fix or response from Microsoft! You can expect this from cheap low budget faulty trash software.
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Still no response or update from Microsoft for this low budget poorly written software.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Does Microsoft even read these forums?
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:31 AM
  • I have Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 and I have been totally frustrated with it.  None of the travel times are correct.  They fall about an hour too short.  I've even set the speeds as low as possible and the times are still too short.  I tried to find a place to let Microsoft know and of course there is nowhere.  I feel your frustration.  At this point I am trying to find another Trip Planning Software program. 
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:12 PM
  • Still no response or fix from Microsoft on this poorly written faulty software!
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:03 AM
  • Still no reply or updates for this crappy software!
    Friday, July 19, 2013 8:28 AM
  • No need to spam this thread with repeated messages.

When Microsoft release an update, it will be called "Streets & Trips 2014". No news yet, but going by previous release schedules, it shouldn't be many months away.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:18 PM
  • I agree with Richard. There is no need to post repeated messages. Do not expect an answer from Microsoft at this forum. This is a peer-to-peer forum. You may get a response from fellow S&T users, but Microsoft employees do not reply here. 

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/

Friday, July 19, 2013 7:48 PM
  • I guess no one forced you to read it. 

Microsoft should have fixes and updates for this faulty software. Has been a lot of people read this post as a result of reposting. If Microsoft is going to continue to sell bad software with no updates, people interested in buying streets and trips 2013 should be warned that the software is faulty and Microsoft doesn't feel it's customers are worth the bother to provide updates to this worthless software.

By reposting the post stays near the beginning of the posts. Thank you for your assistance in posting and putting my post back to the beginning of the post.

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:05 AM