SDK RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is there any news about when the SDK will ba available?

Or can anyone say how you would add a TAB to the management interface web application.

thanks

martin

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:55 PM

Answers

• While Microsoft has said that an SDK will be released for ISVs and enthusiasts, there is no timeframe for when it will be available.

As for adding tabs to the Remote Access web interface, it's an ASP.Net application, so without the source code or a published API it's going to be extremely difficult to extend. I would expect the source (or API documentation at least) to be in the SDK.
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:59 PM

All replies

• I'd guess when the product is a little more mature, and the base OS install is more akin to the Home Server notion, than we'll see an SDK.

Right now, there's stuff in the base Home Server OS that can be installed/utilised that breaks WHS (ie, dcpromo). I think they're going to need to sort out those issues before letting developers have free reign over the system.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:12 PM
  • While Microsoft has said that an SDK will be released for ISVs and enthusiasts, there is no timeframe for when it will be available.

As for adding tabs to the Remote Access web interface, it's an ASP.Net application, so without the source code or a published API it's going to be extremely difficult to extend. I would expect the source (or API documentation at least) to be in the SDK.
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:59 PM