A virus that tries to uninstall my OneCare. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm not very knowledgable about viruses and things but the same one has come up twice in the past two days, but I don't know the name of it. OneCare picked up the virus and kind of crashed whilst removing it yesterday, then another OneCare message popped up and cleaned it up (I think). Afterwards just to be sure I did a system restore, and I noticed that one of the checkpoints said 'Uninstall Microsoft OneCare Checkpoint' dated and timed around the same time I got the virus. So I did a restore at an earlier date just to make sure, plus I did a scan after and OneCare picked up nothing. I thought all was well.

Then today OneCare picked up another virus and removed this with no trouble and asked for a further scan (which I am doing now). However I checked on system restore checkpoints and there was another checkpoint for the uninstallation of OneCare. I still have OneCare and the status says it is good. The virus popped up whilst I was just on google (a safe website I'm sure you will agree).

Just wondering is there anything for me to worry about? Why am I still getting this virus come up if OneCare says I'm clean? Could it be that OneCare really has been deleted and I am unaware? Is there anything I can do to make sure I am safe and protected?

Thanks for reading, and all replies will be greatly appreciated.

Monday, January 26, 2009 11:54 PM

Answers